Maurice Klaus specializes in helping organizations to improve their performance management capabilities through the Balanced Scorecard and Lean Six Sigma.
He has over 13 years of management consulting experience and has worked with more than 30 private sector organizations to implement performance management systems at the corporate, business unit and shared service levels.
He speaks internationally on performance management and process improvement, and has developed web-based training programs in project management, Design for Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma.
He is a registered Professional Engineer, Master Six Sigma Black Belt and holds BS and MS degrees in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Michigan.
Bjarte Bogsnes has a long international career in the oil business, both in Finance and HR. As Group Controller for the petrochemicals company Borealis he abolished budgeting in this company ten years ago.
He is currently heading up StatoilHydro's Beyond Budgeting project. StatoilHydro is Scandinavia's largest company, with operations in 40 countries and a turnover of well above 100 bn USD.
Bogsnes is chairman of the Beyond Budgeting Roundtable in Europe and is a popular conference speaker.
His new book "Implementing Beyond Budgeting - Unlocking the Performance Potential" is out in December 2008 on Wiley.
James Creelman is a business author and educator specializing in the Balanced Scorecard and Enterprise Performance Management.
Dr David Norton, the co-creator of the Balanced Scorecard has called James “The foremost chronicler and historian of the balanced scorecard movement.” He has authored, or co-authored 20 major reports or books 8 of which focus on the Balanced Scorecard.
On behalf of The Hackett Group, USA, James has authored reports on World-Class Finance; World-Class EPM; Business Performance Reporting and Analysis; Forecasting; Integrated Planning; Driving out Complexity and Globalization.
James is Global Best Practices Leader for the Indonesia-based management consultancy OTI. He is also a Senior Business Advisor for the USA headquartered The Hackett Group, which provides best practices based and empirically proven advice to clients looking to drive world-class performance.
James is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars throughout the world. He also leads workshops on the Balanced Scorecard and related topics.
He has also served as the Editor of numerous print and on-line business management magazines and regularly presents at conferences, workshops and seminars throughout the world on the Balanced Scorecard and EPM topics.
James has been designated a Fellow of the Advanced Performance Institute.
Balanced Scorecard Reports and Books written by James Creelman
- Managing Human Capital in Indonesia: Best Practices in Aligning People with Strategic Goals (Azkia, Indonesia, 2009)
- The Finance Function: achieving performance excellence in a global economy (Business Intelligence, 2009)
- Planning and Budgeting for the Adaptive Enterprise (Business Intelligence, 2006)
- Mastering Business in Asia: Succeeding with the Balanced Scorecard (John Wiley, Asia, 2005) co-author
- Developing the Public Sector Scorecard (Business Intelligence, 2004) co-author
- Building a Strategic Balanced Scorecard (Business Intelligence, 2003)
- Understanding The Balanced Scorecard: An HR Perspective (HR.Com 2002)
- Creating a Balanced Scorecard (Lafferty Publications, 2001)
- Creating the HR Scorecard (Business Intelligence, 2001)
- Building and Developing the Finance Scorecard, (Business intelligence, 2000)
- Building and Implementing a Balanced Scorecard (Business Intelligence, 1998)
His other reports are:
- Next Generation HR Shared Services: how to take customer service, efficiency and savings to the next level," Business Intelligence, 2008
- Creating a World-Class Finance Function: Five Core Capabilities that Generate Added Business Value (Business Intelligence, 2005)
- Financial Shared Services: Delivering Exceptional Customer Service and Business Benefits (Business Intelligence, 2005)
- HR Shared Services: Achieving the Business Benefits (Business Intelligence, 2004)
- Transforming Public Sector Performance (Business Intelligence, 2004) Co-author
- Corporate Culture: Creating a Customer-Focused Financial Services Organization (Lafferty Publications, 2002)
- Building and Communicating Shareholder Value (Business Intelligence, 2000)
- Driving Corporate Culture for Business Success (Business Intelligence, 1999)
- Creating the Value-Adding Finance Function (Business Intelligence 1998) Updated and reissued as Value Creation: Building Tomorrow’s Finance Function (Business Intelligence 2002)
Andy Neely is Prof of Operations Strategy and Performance at Cranfield School of Management. Prior to this Andy held a lectureship at the University of Cambridge, where he was a fellow of Churchill College and a lecturer in both the Judge Institute of Management Studies and the Institute for Manufacturing. His research, teaching and consulting interests centre around business performance measurement and operations strategy. He is director of Cranfield School of Management’s Centre for Business Performance and is involved in numerous research and consulting projects, including one sponsored by Andersen Consulting that is exploring the application of second generation measurement frameworks, such as the Performance Prism.
He chaired the first international multi-disciplinary academic conference on Performance Measurement, entitled “Performance Measurement: Theory and Practice”, which was held at Cambridge University in July 1998 and he chaired the second, “Performance Measurement: Past, Present and Future”, held in July 2000.
Books Written by Andy Neely
- Getting the Measure of Your Business
- Creating a Winning Business Formula
- Measuring Business Performance
Terry Brown is a strategy consultant and has over 12 years of experience. He has played the role of a trusted adviser to senior executives of Fortune 100, mid-sized, and small companies, across multiple industries that includes both public and private sector,. Terry was a founding partner of Emergence Consulting, Vice President of the Manufacturing and Process Industry Sector at Balanced Scorecard Collaborative and a senior consultant in Gemini Consulting's Transformation Center of Excellence.
Terry Brown’s Specialties:
- Performance Management
- Enterprise Strategic Management
- Strategy formulation
- Balanced Scorecard design
- Initiative Portfolio Management
- Quality Management
- Financial Planning and Management
Paul R. Niven
Paul Niven is an author, management consultant, and noted speaker on the subject of the Balanced Scorecard. He serves as the Chairman of the Board of EPMReview.com in addition to functioning as Senior Business Advisor to Corporater.
As both a practitioner and Consultant he has developed successful Balanced Scorecard systems for clients large and small in a wide variety of organizations, including Fortune 1000 companies, public sector agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
Paul has many years of experience developing Balanced Scorecards for Fortune 1000, small and medium sized companies, public sector agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
Unlike many consultants who lack practical experience in their craft, Paul was a practitioner before he became a consultant. He honed his Balanced Scorecard expertise in industry, leading a highly successful Balanced Scorecard implementation. In fact, that implementation (at the Canadian company Nova Scotia Power) was among the first to be recognized as an inductee into the Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame. The love of facilitation, training, and new challenges drew Paul to the world of consulting where he worked with Bearing Point and CSC Consulting before launching The Senalosa Group.
Drawing on his considerable experience, Paul is a noted speaker and writer on the subject of the Balanced Scorecard. He has delivered keynote addresses at conference events around the world and has published in a number of noted Journals. His highly acclaimed first book, "Balanced Scorecard Step by Step: Maximizing Performance and Maintaining Results" was released in a second edition by John Wiley & Sons in September of 2006. The first edition has been translated into over a dozen languages around the globe. Paul's second book is "Balanced Scorecard Step by Step for Governments and Nonprofit Agencies" which, as the title implies, is designed to help public and nonprofit agencies develop successful Balanced Scorecard systems. His third text, focusing on the critical assessment of an organization’s Balanced Scorecard, is "Balanced Scorecard Diagnostics: Maintaining Maximum Performance" which was released in April, 2005.
Books Written by Paul Niven
- Roadmaps and Revelations:
Finding the Road to Business Success on Route 101
- Balanced Scorecard Step-By-Step
Maximizing Performance and Maintaining Results
- Balanced Scorecard Step-By-Step
For Governments and Nonprofit Agencies
- Balanced Scorecard Diagnostics
Maintaining Maximum Performance
Title: Navigation by stars
There is an old quote that goes like this: "The old sailors steered by the stars, not to get there, but to keep a steady course". This wisdom can also be applied by businesses. Our vision, mission and long term goals function as the stars. Even if you don't get there they help to keep a steady course for your company and to make sure you move in the right direction.
Nowadays companies are taken aback by the short term winds and streams in the "business oceans" - and start to diverge from their original course and purpose. New seamen are set as captains, and new routes are planned. But probably we should lift our heads and navigate by the more long term vision, mission and goals of your company and "trust" the stars.